December 27, 2011

Balžalorsky Drašler 3o - Wu-wei




















Vitja Balžalorsky - guitar, electronics
Jošt Drašler - bass
Vid Drašler - drums and other sounds


Young, Slovenian jazz trio with mature sound, left me surprised, even more when I noticed their age. I put the Cd in the stereo and some warm, pleasant tones filled the room, even my three and a half year old gave me an approving look nodding his head and lifting his eyebrows. There is an review on http://zalozba.radiostudent.si, please use translator,my English is too bad to translate it myself  and I am also a lazy ass. Some comparison has been made with the ECM material,  the peacefulness of John Abercrombie's jazz  also has been mentioned, and some praises of Jošt Drašler's firm base, I agree with all of those claims, all is in favour of those three great musicians, that I hope that they look at a wonderful future.


Wu-wei by Balzalorsky/Drasler 3o

No comments:

Post a Comment